We used the Koru art of Raewyn Harris to give us ideas for our own koru patterns.
These are the steps we took:
- We experimented with different colours to see which colours went well together. We used the colour wheel to help us.
- We practised drawing koru and shapes on a piece of paper
- We continued doing our draft copies with pencil. When we were happy with the colours we chose we coloured in the draft.
- We put chalk lines around our patterns.
- We dyed the draft copy to see if it looked alright and the chalk lines that had soaked up the dye looked clear.
- We transferred our design onto A3 piece of cartridge. We had to make the chalk lines thick and clear so they would show up when the dye was painted over top.
- We dyed out design.
My next step is to make the chalk lines thicker.
Here is a photo of my art.